This course is for you if you have already studied Italian for about two years, know the basic structure of the language and are able to interact and talk to people about different topics, such as everyday life, past experiences, and future plans. You will deepen your knowledge of Italian and learn to speak to Italians with confidence. You will learn to give your opinions, explain your reasons, discuss current affairs, and engage in more abstract conversation.
To join any of our courses, please make sure you complete the mandatory Italian language test to find out your level.
You will be asked to purchase a textbook to support your studies. The book we recommend and follow will cover Part 1, 2 and 3. Do not purchase the ebook and CDs/DVDs – just the book.
If you purchase the book and the course does not run, we will not reimburse the cost you incurred.
Alma Edizioni – Nuovo Espresso 3
Objectives of the course:
– describe objects and products
– express wishes, opinions, formulate hypothesis, make suppositions
– use the correct language depending on different means of communications
– talk about traditions, feste and presents
– learn and use the vocabulary related to: materials, shapes, means of communications, bank holidays and traditions
– revision of the agreement noun- adjective
– congiuntivo passato
– congiuntivo imperfetto
– the structure come se + congiuntivo imperfetto
– periodo ipotetico della possibilità
– use of magari
Previous knowledge required:
– indefinite and definite articles
– the present tense of regular verbs and irregular verbs
– reflexive verbs in the present and past tense
– direct and indirect objects pronouns (mi, ti, ci, vi, lo, la, li, le, gli)
– passato prossimo and imperfetto
– condizionale presente (e.g. farei, mangerebbero, andrebbe, etc.)
– futuro semplice (e.g. andrò, farai, sarà, etc.)
– preposizioni articolate
– congiuntivo presente