If you already have a basic knowledge of the language and can talk about yourself and other people, describe your everyday life and express likes and preferences, this course is for you. Build on what you already know as you learn how to talk about past experiences, give advice and orders, make hypotheses and interact with other Italian speakers with more confidence.
To join any of our courses, please make sure you complete the mandatory Italian language test to find out your level.
You will be asked to purchase a textbook to support your studies. The book we recommend and follow will cover Part 1, 2 and 3. Do not purchase the ebook and CDs/DVDs – just the book.
If you purchase the book and the course does not run, we will not reimburse the cost you incurred.
Alma Edizioni – Nuovo Espresso 2
Objectives of the course:
– talk about food and eating habits
– give orders, advice, and instructions
– talk about your job
– talk about future plans, resolutions and make predictions
– talk about health problems and keeping healthy
– recall past experiences
– learn the vocabulary related to: food, eating habits, jobs and the world of work, body parts, health problems, sport, meeting people
– imperative to give orders, advice, instructions
– future tense
– irregular plural of nouns
– revision of passato prossimo and imperfetto
– passato prossimo of modal verbs (dovere, potere, volere)
– main conjunctions
– stare per + infinitive vs stare + gerund (e.g. stavo per uscire vs stavo uscendo)
Previous knowledge required:
– how to use indefinite and definite articles: un, uno, una, una, un’, il, lo, l’, la, I, gli, le
– the present tense of regular verbs and irregular verbs
– talk about your daily routine: what time you do something and know how to use reflexive verbs
– direct and indirect pronouns (mi, ti, ci, vi, lo, la, li, le, gli)
– how to use passato prossimo and imperfetto and be able to talk about past experiences
– condizionale presente (vorrebbe, faremmo, sarei, etc…)