Learn Italian from scratch. Learn the basics of the language: talk about yourself and other people, describe your everyday life, interact with Italians in everyday situations and express your tastes and likes.
To join any of our courses, please make sure you complete the mandatory Italian language test to find out your level.
You will be asked to purchase a textbook to support your studies. The book we recommend and follow will cover Part 1, 2 and 3. Do not purchase the ebook and CDs/DVDs – just the book.
If you purchase the book and the course does not run, we will not reimburse the cost you incurred.
Alma Edizioni – Nuovo Espresso 1
Objectives of the course:
- interact with your teacher and your classmates
- ask how to pronounce, spell, or say something
- greet people, introduce yourself and introduce someone else
- order something in a café
- describe places in town
- talk about your free time and how often you do something
- ask and answer basic questions
Vocabulary you will learn:
- useful sentences to talk to your teacher and classmates
- nations and nationalities
- numbers up to 100
- days of the week, months, dates
- how to read money and prices
- vocabulary related to the café and the restaurant, the city, free time and hobbies
- gender and number: masculine, feminine, singular and plural of nouns and adjectives
- introduction to present tense: most important regular and irregular verbs
- how to ask questions
- introduction to articles
- adverbs of frequency
- introduction to piacere (like)
- how to use c’è and ci sono
Previous knowledge required: